2018 S5 Sportback leads segment in performance while offering refined design and functionality
- The 2018 S5 Sportback produces 354 hp, 369 lb-ft of torque and achieves a class leading 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds
- The S5 Sportback offers distinctive design with excellent versatility and standard seating for five
- The S5 Sportback will arrive in dealerships spring 2017
Offering a class-leading 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds, the 2018 Audi S5 Sportback will arrive in dealerships this spring 2017. Featuring the distinctive Sportback body style, first introduced on the successful A7 model line, and generous interior space, the five-door coupe offers customers refined design with exceptional functionality.
The S5 Sportback is equipped with an all-new 3.0-liter TFSI® V6 engine which produces a segment leading 354 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque from 1,370 to 4,500 rpm. The S5 is also newly equipped with an eight-speed Tiptronic® automatic transmission that is well suited for the V6’s low-end torque.
The new 3.0-liter turbocharged engine accelerates the S5 Sportback to a class leading 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds as well as a top speed of 155 mph when equipped with summer performance tires. Every S5 Sportback is also standard-equipped with quattro® all-wheel drive, offering high-precision and dynamic handling through active torque distribution to both axles.
Breakthrough design language
The 2018 S5 Sportback design mirrors the coupe’s breakthrough design language, featuring a wider, flatter Singleframe® grille and a longer, lower hood line that highlights the powerful V6 engine. The precise wave-design shoulder line is more pronounced than previous generations and wider wheel arches provide design cues to the vehicle’s quattro® DNA. Rear horizontal design lines joined by the slim, yet sculptural three-dimension LED taillights offer a distinctly powerful look and emphasize vehicle width.
In addition, the S5 Sportback is characteristically recognized by its sporty design differentiators including aluminum-optic exterior side mirror housings, Platinum Gray Singleframe grille with aluminum-optic double horizontal blade bars, S model specific rear diffuser with honeycomb structure, and quad exhaust outlets with chrome tips.
The refined interior of the S5, with seating for up to five standard, includes greater attention to detail and additional driver-focused technologies. A three-dimensional decorative inlay trim with climate control integration spans from the door panels across the dashboard and adds breadth and lightness. The S5 Sportback also offers a generous 35 cubic feet of cargo capacity with the rear seats folded down.
Enhanced standard equipment offerings
The all-new S5 Sportback is a sporty yet accessible five-door coupe, offering a robust level of standard equipment such as full-LED headlights, and benchmark connectivity and infotainment including advanced driver assistance systems.
S5 Sportback standard equipment includes:
- 3.0-liter TFSI® V6 engine with an eight speed tiptronic® automatic transmission
- 18” 5-double-spoke-star design wheels with summer performance tires
- Standard auto-dimming, power folding, heated exterior mirrors
- Full LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED taillights with dynamic turn signals
- Leather / Alcantara® trimmed interior
- Diamond stitched S sport front seats with power side bolsters and massage function
- Heated, eight-way power front seats with four-way power lumbar support and driver memory
- Advanced driver assistance systems including Audi side assist, and Audi pre sense basic, rear and city
- Standard Audi drive select with four different modes – comfort, auto, dynamic and individual
- Rearview camera and parking systems plus including front and rear acoustic sensors
- Power sunroof (including tilt and slide function) and power tailgate
- Three-zone automatic climate control with digital rear display
- Audi smartphone interface provides Apple CarPlay™ and Google™ Android Auto integration via USB connection for compatible devices
Available options on the S5 Sportback include:
- 19” 5-spoke-cavo design wheels with summer performance tires
- Full-color head up display
- Bang & Olufsen® sound system with 3D sound
- Audi virtual cockpit
- Audi MMI® touch® with handwriting-recognition
- S sport package including red brake calipers, sport adaptive damping suspension and rear sport differential
- Driver assistance package including adaptive cruise control with Traffic Jam assist, Audi active lane assist, high beam assistant and traffic sign recognition
- Heated 3-spoke steering wheel with shift paddles and heated rear seats as part of the Cold weather package
- Ventilated front sport seats as part of the Warm weather package
Model year 2018 A5 model line starting manufacturer suggested retail prices:
Call Reed Johnson Doylestown Pa with questions 267-279-9477
via AudiWorld http://ift.tt/17lSOQo
February 24, 2017 at 02:05PM